Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Currently Reading- June 17th, 2014


I am currently reading 3 books too many. I'm the type of person the likes to read only one book at a time, but for some reason I just want to keep starting book after book after book!

1. A Game of Thrones by George R.R Martin: I'm actually doing a small challenge with myself while reading GoT. I'm challenging myself to read at least 50 pages of it a week. At that rate, I'll probably finish this book by September 5th! So far I'm doing pretty good. I'm still slightly iffy about this one. Maybe it's because I'm not a huge fan of epic fantasy. I do, however, really enjoy reading the Stark children's chapters: Arya, Bran. I also love reading Jon's chapters and Thrion's chapters!

2. It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini: Because I wanted to read another book while reading GoT, I decided to pick up IKOAFS. Again, I'm not really enjoying this book much either. I like the writing and everything, but I can't connect with the main character on any level. I'm hoping the book picks up after he goes to the mental hospital.

3. Alienated by Melissa Landers: Since I wasn't enjoying GoT or IKOAFS, I decided to pick up a third book. I guess I just wanted something fun to read. This book is fun for the most part, but I'm lacking a connection with the characters and the characters are lacking chemistry with each other. The day I started this book I read about 130 or so pages, but now I just don't want to sit down and read it.

4. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick: Since I couldn't keep my attention on the top three books, I decided to try reading yet anotherrrr book. I thought I might not be into the other books was because I'm in a contemporary mood. So far I'm on page 40. I'm enjoying it, but I'm still feeling disconnected to the characters and the characters seem to be moving SUPER fast.

What is everyone else currently reading? Are you enjoy your book(s)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment or to even read my post. It means a lot! (:

-Amber