Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Why I love Blogging / Reading

This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week bloggers share a list of books for the prompt given. So hopefully I'll have a new list to share with you all each week! 

Ten Reasons I love being a blogger/reader:

Why I love being a reader-

  • I love being a reader because... It helps me live in a world of imagination. I love being able to experience all these things that I would never be able to in "real" life. 
  • I love being a reader because... I love being able to live in a thousand lives. I love being able to experience things such as what it's like to have cancer or eating disorders. I love being able to see how characters interact with each other and what it's like to live in different homes other than my own. 
  • I love being a reader because... It's not dangerous. Okay, I mean if they drop on your foot, they do hurt. I have an obsession with buying books. At least I'm spending on money on something that can change my brain for the better, then buying drugs that can alter my brain in a bad way. 
  • I love being a reader because... It's given me a lot of my personality traits. I think I read so much that I start possessing some of the personality traits my favorite characters have and that in itself is a beautiful thing. 
  • I love being a reader because... It's nice having someone you can connect with. Just like music, I feel like there will always be that one character you can run back to because they will make you feel happy because you relate to them on such a personal level. 
Why i love being a blogger-

  • I love being a blogger because... I love connecting with people who love to read. It's amazing being able to talk to people who share the same interest as you. 
  • I love being a blogger because... I can see what kinds of books I love and what types I don't. For example, I could look back at my wrap-ups or my reviews and find patterns in the types of genres I love so I don't have to waste my money on something I know I won't like. 
  • I love being a blogger because... It helps me find all the "in" books, all the hyped up books. I love finding new books to read and blogging is a great way to find them. 
  • I love being a blogger because... even if people don't read what I have to say, I can still write down all my bookish feels and know that someone eventually will find it and relate. 
  • I love being a blogger because.. It's helped me challenge myself by reading so many books in a year. If it wasn't for bloggingr/vlogging, I would never found how many books I've read each month and really dig into the pros and cons of books. 

5 comments:

  1. I definitely agree that blogging has shaped who I am!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Being a book lover is very dangerous...for our wallets, lol. But who cares, right?

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with all of these, and anyone who knows me will tell you that I definitely live in a world of imagination! Best way to live :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love being a blogger to learn all the new books, the 'in' books too! Great list :) I love being a reader for the ability to escape and change a bad day into an adventure filled day!

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list and reading is just so awesome for all of these and many more reasons! Being a blogger has introduced me to SO many more books, too, on top of friends who I will now have for life! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment or to even read my post. It means a lot! (:

-Amber